In New Zealand up to 30% of those who have had breast cancer will go on to develop advanced or metastatic breast cancer. This means that the disease has spread, often into the bones, lungs, liver, or brain. This is an incurable diagnosis that changes Members and their families lives forever.
Men and women living in New Zealand with metastatic breast cancer may become Members of Sweet Louise to access a wide range of support and services – membership is free.
Our range of services complement existing medical treatments and community support services. They include research-proven strategies to complement traditional treatment, as well as uplifting experiences and practical assistance to enable Members to cope better with treatment and its related day-to-day challenges. We aim to support each Member to live as well as possible, for as long as possible.
Sweet Louise Provides
- An annual allocation of vouchers worth $500 to spend on our range of complementary and practical services. These include meal deliveries, house cleaning, lawn mowing, wigs, massage and reiki. All complementary services are approved by our Medical Advisory Board.
- Member Meetings offer peer support and the chance to connect with others in a similar situation. They also offer inclusive activities and interesting speakers presenting on relevant topics. Member meetings are available in locations throughout New Zealand.
- A wide range of information resources, both electronic and printed, including our Guide to life with secondary breast cancer
- Family Time service offered to Members with dependent children
- Referrals to and collaboration with other community organisations supporting families experiencing cancer
Types of Services
- Sweet Louise Mind eg Counselling and emotional support
- Sweet Louise Body eg Haircuts, wigs and hats
- Sweet Louise Services eg Cleaning, gardening services, and meal deliveries
How do the vouchers work?
Registered Sweet Louise Members receive an annual allocation of vouchers worth $500.
You can redeem your vouchers at our Service Providers however you like – all at once, or spread over many months.
Members receive another allocation of vouchers on the anniversary of their membership registration.
If you have more questions, please give us a call on 0800 11 22 77 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find out more on our Frequently Asked Questions page.