At the Epsom meeting there was some discussion about mindfulness, and we also practised a short exercise. On the Breast Cancer Network Australia website there were these suggestions too:
- Download the free Smiling Mind app for your smartphone or computer and try the mindfulness exercises.
- Search iTunes for free mindfulness podcasts, e.g. Zencast.
- YouTube has a wide selection of relaxation and mindfulness exercises.
- Check with your local council or community health centre for a group relaxation class in your area.
- Ask if your local gym offers subsidised meditation, relaxation or yoga sessions.
- Rain Sounds HQ is a collection of live-recorded rain sounds. It’s free to download and could help you to sleep.
Lani Lopez donated copies of her publication “In the Pink” – if you would like a copy, please contact 0800 11 22 77 or your local Support Coordinator.